The Transitions Program is designed to help adults make a successful transition into short-term, post-secondary education or training (associates degree, certification program, or an apprenticeship program) and ultimately into living wage employment.
To be considered for the Transitions program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or GED AND have 9th grade reading, language and math levels
- Be willing to work hard to improve your finances
- Have the means to pay for your desired training (self pay, employer paid, eligible for financial aid)
- Have a positive work history
- Have a career goal that leads to livable wage employment
We have an ongoing or rolling admissions process. Once we fill up one class, we begin accepting students for the next class. We welcome you to begin the enrollment process by filling out this application today!
The Transitions Program includes:
- A preparation course designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to select a good training program, apply to school, be prepared to study and balance work/home/school, be financially ready, and have the skills needed to earn your degree or certification in 12-24 months. (Required for all Transitions students)
- 60 hours of Math and English academic enrichment for those needing to improve their skills to meet entrance requirements and/or test into college credit-bearing courses.
- No cost, onsite, childcare during the preparation course and academic enrichment courses. (As needed)
- Mentoring and Coaching (As needed to ensure you have the support, encouragement, knowledge and resources needed to achieve livable wage employment)
- Referrals to community resources (As needed to achieve your goals)
- Incentives for achieving goals and continuing on your path to livable wage employment (For all Transitions students)
To begin your application process, please complete the enclosed paper work so that we may learn a bit more about you, your situation, and how you hope the Transitions program will help. Your answers to the following questions are treated confidentially and will help us assess (with you) the potential this program has to meet your needs, and the capacity you have to participate fully. Any issues of concern to our program instructors will be discussed with you, either over the telephone or during an orientation interview. Please provide responses as completely as you are willing. A decision not to reply will not affect your application; however we ask that you mark “no reply”.
As part of the application process, you will also be asked to complete a one-on-one orientation with a program instructor. After completing this orientation you may be asked to complete academic placement testing, and attend a selection interview with program instructors. Announcements regarding acceptance into the program will be made no less than three business days before the start of class.
We thank you for your interest in the Transitions Program, and look forward to working with you in the future!