Camp Groundskeeping and Maintenance Specialist
Godman Guild Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1898 with a focus on helping to build better neighborhoods – one person, one family at a time. Godman Guild’s programs are for all ages and are built to provide a continuum of success and support, making it possible for participants to achieve their academic and career goals. Part of this mission is provided at Camp Mary Orton, which enables campers to explore nature and personal development. For more information, please visit www.godmanguild.org or www.campmaryorton.org.
We are actively seeking well rounded Camp Groundskeeping and Maintenance Specialist to maintain Camp Mary Orton at the highest standards of presentation, efficiency, and safety/security, and to ensure buildings and structures on the property and equipment are in safe operational condition for customers, visitors, and staff.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Keep the property clean, hazard-free and in presentable shape for day camps, rentals, partner activities and all other camp functions.
· Keep maintenance shop and equipment clean, organized and accessible and ensure tools are in safe ready-to-use condition.
· -Perform regular mowing and lawn/trail maintenance.
· -Plow snow and salt driveway and parking surfaces as needed.
· -Operate and maintain zero turn mower, skid-steer, snowplow, salt spreader, chainsaw and hydraulic log-splitter.
· -Able to troubleshoot/repair fundamental HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing issues.
· -Maintain an appropriate inventory of supplies, materials and equipment required to perform job functions including hand and power tools.
· -Perform minor repairs to buildings and cabins as needed.
· -Assist in maintaining swimming pool.
o -Assist in opening and closing of pool at beginning and end of season.
o -Assist in cleaning including ordering of supplies and chemicals.
· -Upkeep HVAC units.
· -Change filters.
· -Maintain Company vehicles in good working order.
o -Regular inspections.
o -Oil changes.
· -Schedule Annual maintenance inspections.
o -Fire Inspection.
o -Fire Extinguisher Inspections
-Make regular recommendations for improvement of facilities and operations
Hours: 8a – 4p, M-F Non-traditional hours as needed
Work Experience and Education
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Minimum of 3 years direct experience as a property maintenance professional.
· General knowledge of automotive, HVAC, carpentry, electrical and plumbing.
· Requires satisfactory background check.
Physical and Mental Requirements
· Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
· Spend approximately 95% of the time on the job standing, bending, lifting, sitting and walking.
· Communicate verbally and in writing in formal and informal settings.
· Valid driver’s license with current automobile insurance and able to pass license check to drive Godman Guild vehicles.
· May require weekend, evening, and non-traditional hours.
· Listen to and follow instructions.
· Utilize office equipment.
· Internet or Wi-Fi access for remote work.
· Telephone or cell phone access for remote work.
· Strong work ethic and high level of trust.
· Demonstrate patience and understanding with staff and customers.
· Multitask and prioritize competing deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $20.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
COVID vaccine required for all staff with EEOC accommodations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Columbus, OH 43235: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location