Camp Maintenance Professional
Godman Guild Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1898 with a focus on helping to build better neighborhoods – one person, one family at a time. Godman Guild’s programs are for all ages and are built to provide a continuum of success and support, making it possible for participants to achieve their academic and career goals. Part of this mission is provided at Camp Mary Orton, which enables campers to explore nature and personal development. For more information, please visit www.godmanguild.org or www.campmaryorton.org.
We are actively seeking well rounded Maintenance Professional for Camp Mary Orton at the highest standards of presentation, efficiency, and safety/security. Ensure buildings and structures on the property and equipment are in operational condition for customers, visitors, and staff. Make regular recommendations for improvement of facilities and operations.
· Maintain the Camp Mary Orton property in a way that ensures safe and efficient operating.
· Perform regular mowing and lawn/trail maintenance; light landscaping as needed.
· Maintain all equipment in good working order.
· Keep the property clean, hazard-free, and in presentable shape for day camps, rentals, partner activities, and all other camp functions.
· Maintain the condition of road and parking surfaces including clearing the culverts regularly to facilitate proper drainage.
· Assist the summer camp and activity staff with property management needs and requests.
· Keep the shop and equipment clean, organized, and accessible.
· Store materials properly and safely.
· Maintain an appropriate inventory of supplies, materials and equipment required
Work Experience and Education
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Minimum of 3 years direct experience as a property maintenance professional.
· General knowledge of automotive, HVAC, carpentry, electrical and plumbing.
· Requires satisfactory background check.
Physical and Mental Requirements
· Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
· Spend approximately 95% of the time on the job standing, bending, lifting, sitting and walking.
· Communicate verbally and in writing in formal and informal settings.
· Valid driver’s license with current automobile insurance and able to pass license check to drive Godman Guild vehicles.
· May require weekend, evening, and non-traditional hours.
· Listen to and follow instructions.
· Utilize office equipment.
· Internet or Wi-Fi access for remote work.
· Telephone or cell phone access for remote work.
· Strong work ethic and high level of trust.
· Demonstrate patience and understanding with staff and customers.
· Multitask and prioritize competing deadlines.
· Perform assignments gracefully with frequent interruptions.to perform job functions including hand and power tools.
· Maintain camp vehicles in good working order.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.75 - $18.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Masking follows CDC Guidelines. COVID vaccine required for all staff with EEOC accommodations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Columbus, OH 43235: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
Driver's License (Preferred)