Executive Assistant & Finance Coordinator
We are seeking an Executive Assistant and Finance Coordinator to provide comprehensive support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) providing finance and accounting support, including contract management as needed. This dynamic position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This is a unique opportunity to show amazing organizational and professional skills while having direct impact on the needs to social and economic equity within our community.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; prioritizing tasks; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential;
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO with board members, executive team, partners, staff and others on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
• Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the executive team, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Consults on appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO or other members of the Executive Team, some of which may have direct organizational impact.
• Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving
• Provides administrative and clerical support to the executive team as needed, particularly to the CEO and CFO.
• Organize, plan, and execute major projects as needed
• Tracking and monitoring program expenses.
• Research expenses as needed.
• Prepare contract invoices based on program data and general ledger information
• Provide reports for funders as required.
• Ensure expenses are compliant with contract regulations.
• Supports the annual Financial Audit Process
• Enters daily financial transactions into accounting software
• Processes accounts receivable and accounts payable
• Maintains electronic filings of accounting transaction documents
• Works with Vendors and Customers to resolve discrepancies
• Verifies the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
• Assists in reconciling the monthly bank statements
• Collects monthly expense reports from staff and ensures they are complete with proper signatures. Enters transactions into Accounting Software
• Processes bank deposits via remote capture and prepares reporting.
May include support of programmatic and other types of audits
• Experience reporting to C-Level Executives in a non-profit organization strongly preferred
• Requires satisfactory background check.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising preferred.
• Experience in basic accounting and finance systems
• Basic understanding of Finance principles
• Proficient in Microsoft office, Google suite, Adobe Acrobat and social media web platforms.
o Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
o Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and funders and donors.
o Expert level written and verbal communication skills
o Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
Position is anticipated to be remote initially and hybrid in the long term