Leadership Challenge Course Facilitator
Description: This position will lead groups of 8-24 participants through the indoor and outdoor ropes course, and other adventure elements at Camp Mary Orton. This role is responsible for maintaining the physical and emotional safety of participants, and is an excellent opportunity to help people grow and learn through team building, reaching outside comfort zones, and exploring.
Facilitators lead in a variety of settings on CMO: on the ground, and on our adventure elements which include ropes courses and the rock wall.
This is a part time flexible position with a variety of hours available: weekday daytime and Saturday mornings are particularly needed.
- Facilitate, with one or more co-facilitators, team building and challenges designed to bring people outside of their comfort zones and discover their inner strength. These are most commonly in 3 hour high ropes program that addresses the needs and goals of the customers.
- Ensure participant safety by inspecting and setting up the ropes courses prior to group arrival, and properly store all equipment after the group leaves
-Safely operate static and dynamic belay systems used for adventure elements programming
- Follow CMO procedures for opening the property, gates, and buildings during group activities, and properly secure the property afterward
- Respond promptly to electronic communication regarding groups and scheduling
- Complete required written and electronic documentation including course inspection logs, incident reports, post group reports, and timesheets
-Find opportunities to encourage and guide a variety of people who are looking to learn and grow.
-May also work with youth camp programs as needed during the summer
One year of adventure element or recreation experience (preferred)
High School Diploma
Strong interpersonal skills